Thursday, October 9, 2008

How far your driver distance from tee?

During my earlier days in golf, i only managed to hit as far as 175 meters using my Taylormade R7 driver. Most of senior golfer told me to be patient." Don't worry about the distance, it will come naturally". WTF!! until now, after 4 years, i still hitting below 200 meters!! My 9 iron just went around 90 meters. no wonder i found it too difficult to GIR in two stroke. Luckily my short game is awesome.
People said, there is no specific distance in golf stroke every golfer has a different golf swing speed. But, for those golfer that play regular flex golf clubs (swing speed between 75-85 mph), the average lengths of golf clubs are considered normal. One article mentioned that there is usually an 8-12 yard difference per club at the normal swing speed with standard lofted clubs.For 3 iron -190, 4-180, 5-170, 6-160, 7-150, 8-140, 9-130, PW -115, GW-100, SW-80, LW-60. You must also take into account that all golf clubs are not lofted the same. Those days, the average pitching wedge was 48 degrees of loft. At the moment, I'm using Callaway Big Bertha PW´s that are 53 and Cleveland SW 44 degrees. My distance still suck!!! Luckily Malaysian golf course are not like PGA standard course. Just imagine I need to hit 495 yard par 4 at Home of Golf?? Sure at least double bogey!!!

No comments: